2012C NASA RallyCross Challenge Season
|2012C NASA RallyCross season|
|NASA RallyCross Challenge|
|Start date||11 November|
|End date||23 December|
|Drivers' champion||Dylan Livengood|
|Constructors' Champion||Revolution Racing|
|Privateers' Champion|| Brandon Lambert|
Lambert Red Bull WRT
|Nations' Cup||United States|
|Previous season||Next season|
The 2012C NASA RallyCross Challenge Season was the third season of the NASA RallyCross Challenge. It started on 11 November, 2012. Josh Mertz returned as the defending Drivers' Champion. However, his MRT team was purchased by Citroën and became their works team.
|1||Croft RallyCross||Croft, UK|
|2||Valkenwaard RallyCross||Valkenwaard, NED|
|4||Charlotte RallyCross||Charlotte, NC, USA|
|5||St. Eustache RallyCross||St. Eustache, CAN|
|6||NASA Proving Grounds North||Lakewood, CO, USA|
|7||NASA Proving Grounds South||Lakewood, CO, USA|
|8||Negus RallyCross||Canon City, CO, USA|
- Los Angeles has been discontinued due to improper circuit amenities, low attendance, and lack of budget. Germany has been added in place of it.
2012C Drivers and Teams
|NASA RallyCross Car Entries eligible to score constructor points|
|Citroën Red Bull World RallyCross Team||MRT Red Bull RallyCross Team||1||Josh Mertz||All|
|HWR Red Bull RallyCross Team||2||Cody Erdmann||1, 4-8|
|PCK Red Bull RallyCross Team||Dylan Smith||2-3|
|Citroën Junior World RallyCross Team||Lil' Weasel RallyCross Team||6||1, 4-8|
|Clements Red Bull RallyCross Team||36||Xander Clements||5-8|
|DiPalmo Racing||DiPalmo Racing||35||Nick DiPalmo||All|
|Espy Racing||Espy Racing||40||William Espy||1-4|
|Great Lakes Motorsports||Team Klondike||27|| Tristan Hagenstein
|MONSTER Ford World Rally Team||31hellomate Racing||5|| Andrew Fessler
|Revolution Racing||Rockstar Energy Revolution Racing||23||Chris Wetz||All|
|Rockstar Energy Revolution Racing||51||Dylan Livengood||All|
|ATN Autosport||Adam Simons||08||Adam Simons||1-2, 4-5|
|Prestige WorldWide||MattyICE RallyCross||32||Matt Wishart||All|
|Red Bull World Rally||Lambert World Rally||21|| Brandon Lambert
|Schwartz Motorsports||Shell Motorsports||67|| Andrew Schwartz
|S&B RallyCross||Castrol RallyCross||87||Daniel Bellamy||1-5, 7-8|
|NASA RallyCross Car Entries ineligible to score constructor points|
|RC Race Team||RC Race Team||75||Nick Kahrs||1-2, 8|
|Clements Racing||Clements Racing||25||Xander Clements||3-4|
|Revolution Racing Junior Team||Raffurty Motorsport||46||Dillion Raffurty||5|
|Brian Mercurio||Turtle Beach RallyCross||41||Brian Mercurio||4-8|
|Clements Racing||Clements Racing||24||Carson Clements||3|
|Doug DeNise||Best Buy RallyCross||4||Doug DeNise||2-3, 6|
|Michael Frisch||Frisch RallyCross||58||Michael Frisch||4|
|Sebetka RallyCross||Sebetka RallyCross||115||Mark Sebetka||3|
|Smokey RallyCross||Smokey RallyCross||77||Jacob Liestman||3-5|
|Solstice Racing||MONSTER Energy Solstice Racing||15||Keith Sherman||3-4, 8|
|S&B RallyCross||Subaru RallyCross||97||Jack Stroski||1-2|
Teams and Drivers Changes
- Josh Mertz and Cody Erdmann will run numbers 1 and 2, due to Mertz's and the Teams' championships from 2012B.
- MRT and the MRT Junior Team will now switch back to Citroen to become their factory teams.
- Brandon Lambert will return to NASA RallyCross, after an unsuccessful tenure in the WRC. He will drive a Subaru.
- Adam Simons left the MRT Junior Team amid the controversy after the final race of the 2012B Season.
- After Croft, Cody Erdmann announced his indefinite retirement from the NASA RallyCross Challenge.
- As a result, Dylan Smith is moved into Car #2, and the Citroën Junior Team has been shut down.
- After Valkenswaard, Jack Stroski announced his indefinite retirement from NASA RallyCross.
- Cody Erdmann returned at Charlotte, and thus Dylan Smith was put back in the #6 Citroën Junior car.
- Xander Clements signed on to be the second Citroën Junior driver from Canada onwards.
- Dillion Raffurty made his debut in the Revolution Junior Team car at Canada.
Races and Results
|Championship leader table|
|Proving Grounds North||9|
|Proving Ground South||7|
|Rd.||Race||Winning Driver||Winning Constructor||Winning Manu|
|1||Croft||Josh Mertz||Citroën WRXT||Citroën|
|2||Valkenswaard||Chris Wetz||Revolution Racing||Mitsubishi|
|3||Germany||Brandon Lambert||Red Bull WRT||Subaru|
|4||Charlotte||Cody Erdmann||Citroën WRXT||Citroën|
|5||St. Eustache||Josh Mertz||Citroën WRXT||Citroën|
|6||NPVG North||Brian Mercurio||Turtle Beach RXT||Subaru|
|7||NPVG South||No winner1||Citroën|
1Due to Cheatgate, Citroën retains the wins as a manufacturer, but the credit for the wins were stripped from Xander Clements and Citroën Junior.
2012C Drivers' Championship
Points are awarded to the top 16 finishers.
BOLD - Driver won their heat, they get an extra bonus point
- 1 Car #115 was deemed to have intentionally crashed multiple cars in Germany, and was excluded from the final classification.
- 2 Car #40 was excluded from the results in Charlotte due to causing an accident on the final restart of the Last Chance Qualifier.
- 3 Car #1 was deemed to have not given enough positions back after being pushed off the track by Cars #6 and #27, was dropped three positions in the final classification for Charlotte.
- 4 Car #1 was deemed to have caused too many instances of contact in a set amount of time, and thus was put to the back of the field in the final.
2012C Manufacturers' Championship
Only the top finishing car of a manufacturer counts for points.
2012C Constructors' Championship