2015B NASA RallyCross Challenge Season
|2015B NASA RallyCross season|
|NASA RallyCross Challenge|
|Start date||August 9, 2015|
|End date||August 30, 2015|
|Previous season||Next season|
The 2015B NASA RallyCross Challenge season was the tenth season of the championship. Josh Mertz returned to defend his championship, but due to Section 1.1 of the NASA RallyCross Regulations was unable to successfully defend his title. The season was cut to four races due to rising costs and dwindling entries.
- 1 Background
- 2 2015B Schedule
- 3 2015B Drivers and Teams
- 4 Events
- 5 Championship Standings
The biggest storyline of the 2015B season is longtime friends and rivals Josh Mertz and Dylan Livengood announced in the offseason that they would be coming together for 2015B. MRT and Revolution Racing will still compete, but their lead drivers will race for the new privately owned Aftershock Motorsports.
|1||Croft RallyCross||Croft, GBR|
|2||Valkenwaard RallyCross||Valkenwaard, NED|
|3||Island Rally||Long Island, NY, USA|
|4||Talladega RallyCross||Talladega, AL, USA|
- The NASA Proving Grounds have been removed after a single season reboot of the race.
- NASA will experiment with a dirt figure eight track in a TBD location as an all-star race.
- The newly renamed Area52 Designs Endurance Cup has returned.
- Talladega, Bent Twig, Riverside, and Irwindale all return. Talladega was not featured at all in 2015A, along with Bent Twig. The latter two were cut when the season ended early.
- Long Beach, while contracted for 2015A, is not featured in 2015B.
2015B Drivers and Teams
|NASA RallyCross Car entries eligible to score constructor points|
(Subaru Impreza WRX STi)
|Aftershock Motorsports||H||Pizza Hut RallyCross Team||1||Josh Mertz||All|
|SPEED Energy Racing||51||Dylan Livengood||All|
|Subaru MRT||B||Klondike RallyCross Team||27||Tristan Hagenstein||All|
|FedEx RallyCross Team||38||Tim Johnston||1-2|
|VaporShark RallyCross Team||199||Steve Rada||1-2|
(Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX)
|Revolution Racing||H||Revolution Racing||22||Dylan Smith||All|
|K1 Revolution Racing||71||Chris Wetz||All|
(Volkswagen Polo RX)
|LMT Red Bull/Repsol VW||P||LMT Repsol||13||Tanner Smith||1-3|
|LMT Red Bull||21||Brandon Lambert||1-3|
|Area 52 Racing||P||FiveTwo Racing||52||Cody Erdmann||1|
|FiveSquared Racing||55||Kyle Vergata||1|
|NASA RallyCross Car entries eligible to score privateer points|
(Citroën C4 RX)
|BIG EVIL Racing||Y||BIG EVIL Racing||25||Chad Mikosz||2, 4|
(Ford Focus RX)
|DeNise Autosport||M||Eneos/Loenbro Rally Team||10||Doug DeNise||All|
|Ford Racing Australia||C||SP Tools Racing||17||Mark Sebetka||1|
(Mitsubishi Evo IX)
|Giacalone Motorsports||Pennzoil Racing||5||Vincent Giacalone||1|
|BIG EVIL Racing||M||BIG EVIL Racing||25||Chad Mikosz||1|
|Nicholson RallyCross||M||Mitsubishi RalliArt - Finland||91||Brandon Nicholson||1-2|
(Subaru Impreza WRX STi)
|V2 Motorsports||BF||Hot Wheels Rally||23||Cole DesRosiers||2|
Team and Driver Changes
- Josh Mertz and Dylan Livengood leave their respective teams of MRT and Revolution Racing to form their own team, Aftershock Motorsports.
- Cody Erdmann left MRT to re-open Area 52 Racing.
- Tanner Smith left Revolution Racing to partner up with the returning Brandon Lambert.
- As a result, Dylan Smith left MRT to join Revolution Racing in Tanner's absence.
- MRT subsequently signed Steve Rada and Tim Johnston.
- Dunn LaPradd Incorporated becomes a Constructor team, with Dunn LaPradd and Brandon Nicholson driving.
- Tristan Hagenstein will return to MRT as a part-time driver, moving Steve Rada to MRT Junior when Hagenstein races.
|Rd.||Race||Seeding||Quarter Final 1||Quarter Final 2||Quarter Final 3||Semi-Final A||Semi-Final B||LCQ||Winning Driver||Winning Team||Winning Manu||Private Winner|
|1||Croft||Dylan Livengood||Josh Mertz||Tanner Smith||Brandon Nicholson||Dylan Livengood||Tristan Hagenstein||Dylan Smith||Tanner Smith||LMT||Volkswagen||Chad Mikosz|
|2||Valkenswaard||Dylan Smith||Dylan Livengood||Josh Mertz||Brandon Lambert||Tanner Smith||Chris Wetz||Dylan Smith||Dylan Smith||Revolution Racing||Mitsubishi||Chad Mikosz|
|3||Island Rally||Josh Mertz||Tanner Smith||Chris Wetz1||N/A||Josh Mertz||Tristan Hagenstein||Chris Wetz1||Josh Mertz||Aftershock Motorsports||Subaru||Doug DeNise|
|4||Talladega||Chris Wetz||Josh Mertz||Dylan Smith||N/A||Tristan Hagenstein||Doug DeNise||Dylan Livengood||Josh Mertz||Aftershock Motorsports||Subaru||Doug DeNise|
|Championship leader table|
2015A Drivers' Championship
Points are awarded to the top 16 finishers.
|Position||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th||8th||9th||10th||11th||12th||13th||14th||15th||16th||QF Win||SF Win|
Bold – Fastest time in seeding
2015B Manufacturers' Championship
2015A Constructors' Championship
2015B Privateers' Cup